Bhagalpur: Three people of Bhagalpur died due to scorching due to fire while cooking food in Jalandhar, Punjab.
Weeds on Saturday in Pipra Hindi of Lodipur police station area of the district. Raja Ram Kumar, 28-year-old son of Binod Rai, five-year-old grandson Naitik and two-year-old Ankit, and 25-year-old son-in-law Priya Devi, who lived near Kali Sthan in the village, were caught in the fire. His sons Rajaram Kumar, Naitik and Ankit died due to the fire. Whereas, the condition of the daughter-in-law is critical.
According to the information, Binod Rai's son used to work as a laborer for the last 10 years in street number-4 located on the bypass road of Jalandhar, Punjab. He was married seven years ago. After this he started living in Jalandhar with his family. The fire broke out on Friday morning due to a gas leak while cooking. As the flames intensified, both the sons along with the father died due to scorching in the fire.
The surviving brother-in-law Priya is seriously injured in the accident. He has been admitted to the local hospital for treatment. There is mournful silence in the village. The sisters, including the parents of the deceased, are in a bad condition. Vinod, the father of the deceased, works as a scrap dealer and somehow the family survives. The whole family is in mourning after the death of the son.
According to the relatives, as soon as the dead body is received after the post-mortem by Saturday evening, they will leave Jalandhar with the body for Bhagalpur and will reach the village by Sunday evening. Social workers, including the head representative of the panchayat, Manish Kumar Singh, the deputy sarpanch, reached the spot and consoled the family members.