A bomb blast occurred in a car in the eastern Logar province of Afghanistan. At least 30 people have died in the blast and 40 are reported injured. According to the report, the blast was carried out by targeting a guesthouse where there were dozens of people. University students were also among them. The blast took place near the house of the former chairman of the provincial council. It is not yet clear who was behind the incident.
Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said that the death toll was likely to increase. At the same time, a spokesman of the Ministry of Health informed that 40 people have been taken to the hospital in critical condition. Actually, US President Joe Biden has announced the withdrawal of the US Army from Afghanistan. Since then, violence has increased in Afghanistan. Biden has said that the army will be withdrawn by September 11.
There is a possibility of attack from Taliban
At the same time, the Pentagon is preparing to deal with them in view of the possibility of Taliban attack on them during the withdrawal process of American and coalition forces from Afghanistan. Under the February 2020 agreement between the administration of Taliban and former US President Donald Trump, all US and other foreign forces are to leave Afghanistan on May 1.
As part of the agreement, the Taliban has ceased attacks on US forces and since then no one has been killed, but the Taliban stated that they were in violation of the agreement by the US in the event that the forces did not return by the deadline. Will consider your stand. Representatives of the Taliban have not clarified whether it intends to resume the attack after May 1.