Attacker killed five people with arrows and bows in Norway, suspected of terrorist attack, was marked as radical
In Konsberg, Norway, an assailant attacked shoppers with arrows and bows on Wednesday. Five people died in this, while two were seriously injured. Police suspect that the attacker turned radical after converting to a Muslim sect. Police chief Ole B Saverud told reporters that concerns had been raised in the past about the suspect's radicalization. At the same time, the Norwegian security agency has said that it appears to be a terrorist attack.
The police chief of Konsberg, which has a population of 26,000, located near the capital Oslo, said police clashes with the attacker also took place. However, he did not give detailed information. Police said that the condition of both the injured is critical and they are admitted in ICU. One of the injured is a police personnel, who was shopping in the shop after the duty was over.
Police chief Owing Aas said, "The incident happened at 6.15 pm and the attacker was arrested 30 minutes later." We have got information that only one person has carried out this attack. It is suspected that the accused has attacked people at many other places as well. However, the police have not questioned him yet. The attacker, a Danish resident, was living in Konsberg and police suspect he was in contact with extremists.
Acting Prime Minister Erna Solberg described the incident as gruesome and said it was too early to estimate its motives. Future Prime Minister Jonas G. Stoere has termed the incident as brutal and brutal. In general there are no mass murders in Norway. On July 22, 2011, Andrés Breivik carried out the country's worst terrorist attack in Oslo. Eight people were killed in the bomb attack. He has been sentenced to 21 years.