EU warns Lebanese leaders for delay in forming new cabinet, says union may impose sanctions

EU warns Lebanese leaders for delay in forming new cabinet, says union may impose sanctions

European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell on Saturday criticized Lebanon leaders for delays in forming a new cabinet. Also warned that the Sangh may impose sanctions on those who are behind the political deadlock in the troubled country. Borrell made the remarks after meeting with President Michel Aoun at the Rashtrapati Bhavan near the capital, Beirut. This was the first meeting during his two-day visit to Lebanon. Borrell's remarks came amid reports in Lebanese media that France and the European Union are considering a possible travel ban on some leaders and a freeze on their assets.

Borrell said that Lebanese leaders should soon form a new government, implement reforms. Also, an agreement should be made with the International Monetary Fund to get the small country out of the economic and financial crisis. The economic crisis in Lebanon triggered by decades of corruption and mismanagement began in late 2019 and has intensified in recent months. The World Bank said earlier this month that the crisis could be one of the world's worst in more than 150 years.

Power struggle between Aun and his son-in-law Gebran Basil

A power struggle has begun between the nominated Prime Minister Saad Hariri and Aun and his son-in-law Gebran Basil on the other. Hariri was nominated to form a new government in October and has not succeeded so far. Prime Minister Hassan Diab's government resigned days after a massive explosion in Beirut on August 4 killed 211 people and injured more than 6,000 others.

"We don't understand why there is no government in Lebanon nine months after the prime minister's resignation," Borrell said. Only an immediate agreement with the International Monetary Fund will save the country from financial collapse.

Shopping in supermarket became the cause of death! Exit gate closed after massive fire, 396 people were burnt to death

Shopping in supermarket became the cause of death! Exit gate closed after massive fire, 396 people were burnt to death

Supermarkets exist for shopping in countries around the world, where people reach to buy their everyday things. These supermarkets are equipped with all kinds of facilities to make them safe for the people. But what if someone goes to the supermarket for shopping, but does not come back alive. Actually, one such incident came to light in Paraguay on this day, when a huge fire broke out in a supermarket located in Asunción, the capital of the country. 396 people died in this incident.

On August 1, 2004, a massive fire broke out at the Ycuá Bolaños supermarket in Asuncion. The thing to note here is that in case of fire, the exit gate is usually opened, so that people can get out safely. But after the fire in this supermarket, the exit gate itself was closed. The reason behind this was to prevent people from stealing goods. On the other hand, while supermarkets around the world are safe, this building lacked adequate fire protection systems. The president of the supermarket company as well as various employees were later sentenced to prison for their actions during the fire.

How did the fire in the supermarket?

On August 1, 2004, there were two explosions on the first floor, after which a fire broke out. This fire kept burning for seven hours, after hard work, the fire department brought the fire under control. After the incident, it was found that 396 people have died due to burns. In addition, more than 500 people have been injured. The cause of the fire was told that there was a bad barbecue chimney, which leaked hot flammable gases into the roof. Because of this the fire started.

More attention was given to supermarket goods than life

Fire survivors and volunteer firefighters alleged that during the time the fire broke out, the doors inside the complex were locked at the instructions of supermarket owners Juan Pio Paiva and his son Victor Daniel. Because of this people got trapped inside the blazing complex. This was done so that people could not run away with the goods without paying. However, the management of the supermarket vehemently denied these allegations. At the same time, Paiva, his son and the security guard surrendered before the police and charges were framed against them.