For the fourth time, Pakistan imposed a ban on TikTok, the regulators said - the app did not take any steps to remove 'non-essential content'

For the fourth time, Pakistan imposed a ban on TikTok, the regulators said - the app did not take any steps to remove 'non-essential content'

Pakistan on Wednesday banned the TikTok app for allegedly failing to remove "inappropriate content". This app from China, which allows sharing of short videos, has been banned in the country for the fourth time in recent months. Telecom regulator Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) tweeted that due to the relevant provisions of the 'Prevention of Electronic Crime Act, 2016', the PTA has banned the TikTok app and its website in the country.

It said, 'Inappropriate content is being found continuously on this platform and no steps are being taken to remove such content, due to which this action has been taken.' Earlier on July 2, the Sindh High Court had withdrawn its earlier decision to ban TikTok for spreading immorality in the country. On June 28, the court had asked the PTA to suspend TikTok on a complaint by a citizen.

The ban was imposed for the first time in October last year.

Earlier, in March, the Peshawar High Court had suspended the app on a petition by several citizens. However, a few weeks later, while lifting the ban, the court had asked the PTA to take steps so that no "immoral content" could be uploaded. The PTA had banned Tiktok for the first time in October last year.

There was an allegation against the app for showing obscene and immoral content, but this ban was also lifted after ten days. PTA spokesperson Khurram Mehran told Geo News that the app was asked several times about the "inappropriate content" being posted online but no action was taken by it.

President also used Tiktok

Interestingly, President Arif Alvi used TikTok on July 16 to deliver a message about 'positivity and inspiration'. According to the news of Dawn newspaper, last month it was said by the app that in three months it has removed more than 6 million videos from Tiktok in Pakistan.


Shopping in supermarket became the cause of death! Exit gate closed after massive fire, 396 people were burnt to death

Shopping in supermarket became the cause of death! Exit gate closed after massive fire, 396 people were burnt to death

Supermarkets exist for shopping in countries around the world, where people reach to buy their everyday things. These supermarkets are equipped with all kinds of facilities to make them safe for the people. But what if someone goes to the supermarket for shopping, but does not come back alive. Actually, one such incident came to light in Paraguay on this day, when a huge fire broke out in a supermarket located in Asunción, the capital of the country. 396 people died in this incident.

On August 1, 2004, a massive fire broke out at the Ycuá Bolaños supermarket in Asuncion. The thing to note here is that in case of fire, the exit gate is usually opened, so that people can get out safely. But after the fire in this supermarket, the exit gate itself was closed. The reason behind this was to prevent people from stealing goods. On the other hand, while supermarkets around the world are safe, this building lacked adequate fire protection systems. The president of the supermarket company as well as various employees were later sentenced to prison for their actions during the fire.

How did the fire in the supermarket?

On August 1, 2004, there were two explosions on the first floor, after which a fire broke out. This fire kept burning for seven hours, after hard work, the fire department brought the fire under control. After the incident, it was found that 396 people have died due to burns. In addition, more than 500 people have been injured. The cause of the fire was told that there was a bad barbecue chimney, which leaked hot flammable gases into the roof. Because of this the fire started.

More attention was given to supermarket goods than life

Fire survivors and volunteer firefighters alleged that during the time the fire broke out, the doors inside the complex were locked at the instructions of supermarket owners Juan Pio Paiva and his son Victor Daniel. Because of this people got trapped inside the blazing complex. This was done so that people could not run away with the goods without paying. However, the management of the supermarket vehemently denied these allegations. At the same time, Paiva, his son and the security guard surrendered before the police and charges were framed against them.