US President Inauguration: History changed in America while you were sleeping, learn everything in two minutes
US President Inauguration: Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President of America on Wednesday at 10:18 pm Indian time. When you were sleeping at night in India, the sun of a historic day was shining in the world's oldest democracy. If you feel that you have missed a lot, then from this news you can get instant updates. Know what happened last night in two minutes
- Trump left Washington from Air Force One and left for Florida before Biden's swearing-in on Wednesday morning. On January 8, he announced that he would not attend the swearing-in ceremony.
In view of the security of swearing in Washington, 25 thousand National Guard were deployed. Recently, the FBI warned of armed protests on 20 January.
Appealed to people not to come due to virus
- Biden's team appealed to people to avoid coming to Washington due to security and corona virus. People were asked to watch the President's swearing-in ceremony on TV.
- During the swearing-in ceremony of Biden, the former US President reached the US Capitol to congratulate him. During this time his wife Michelle Obama was present with him.
- Former US Vice President attended Mike Pence swearing. He was accompanied by his wife Karen Pence to the US Capitol.
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris arrived at the US Capitol and the swearing-in ceremony began. First Kamala Harris was sworn in as Vice President and then Joe Biden was sworn in as President.
- Joe Biden made his first speech as president after being sworn in. He said that democracy is top for us. The constitution of our country is strong.
Global leaders including PM Modi congratulated
- Many global leaders including Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi congratulated Joe Biden for becoming President.
- On the first day of his tenure, Biden will revoke Trump's policies, including decisions like the exit of the US from the Paris Agreement and restrictions on travel from Muslim-majority countries.
- Go to the East Wing of Biden became the President and Vice President Kamala Harris Capital took stock of preparations for the US Army. After that all went to the National Cemetery of Lozi Arlington.