Seven guys, including a member of the Delhi Police, beat up meat merchants and urinated on them

Seven guys, including a member of the Delhi Police, beat up meat merchants and urinated on them

At Shahdara in east Delhi, two meat sellers were reportedly assaulted and robbed by seven men, three of whom were Delhi Police officers.

On March 7, two meat merchants were driving in their vehicle when they collided with a scooter in the Anand Vihar neighbourhood.

According to the police, the suspects, who are allegedly "gau rakshaks," threatened to murder the victims and peed on their faces.

Despite the victims having reportedly sought the police right afterwards, a case wasn't reportedly lodged until four days later.

According to the police, all seven of the males engaged in the event were arrested, and three police officers, including one assistant sub-inspector, were suspended.

Nawab, a Mustafabad resident who sells meat to the Ghazipur slaughterhouse, was driving home with his cousin Shoaib when they collided with a scooter close to Anand Vihar. According to the FIR, they had meat in the vehicle.

They were had to pay the scooter driver Rs 4,000 in damages. The police officer allegedly stole Rs 2,500 from the meat vendors and transferred it to the scooter driver just as a PCR vehicle arrived, according to the FIR.

When the meat providers refused to pay, the policeman reportedly demanded Rs 15,000 from them and threatened to send them to the police station if they did not.

The victims said that the officers in the PCR van summoned four other individuals and transported them to a remote location. The accused attempted to slash Nawab and Shoaib's hands with a knife while also pinning them down and beating them. Also, the accused allegedly threatened to murder them and urinated on their faces.

Moreover, the authorities charged them with murdering cows and threatened to throw their dead corpses down a sewer.

The victims reportedly fell prey to police extortion for Rs 25,500. According to the FIR, the police forced the victims to sign a few "blank documents" after "injecting" them with various drugs.

The victims were brought to the GTB Hospital after suffering injuries to their back and limbs, according to the police.

According to them, an accusation of extortion and willful harm was made against the defendant on March 10.

A senior police official said that they are investigating the complainant's claims.

The three cops, who have been suspended pending an investigation, have, however, faced departmental discipline as a result of a preliminary investigation, the officer added.