Hoshangabad Sant Bhaiyaji Sarkar, who has been doing satyagraha for the last 46 days in Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh, demanding the protection of Narmada and cow, has started a satyagraha on Monday from Kartik Purnima on Bandrabhan Sangam coast of the district. Satyagraha is being organized by the officials of many organizations associated with the Narmada Mission. Satyagraha has started from 9 am on Monday morning with the worship of Mother Narmada. In which hundreds of people from urban and rural areas are joining.
Bhaiyaji Sarkar Dhuni is sacrificing food for the last 46 days and performing mother Narmada Gau Satyagraha. This Satyagraha is being supported by his supporters on many Narmada shores like Jabalpur, Mandla etc. Prior to the Satyagraha in Brandabhan, Sant Bhaiyaji government said that the riparian zone of Maa Narmada, which has been set by the High Court in 300 meters, demands to preserve this coastal area, give the status of lively unit to Maa Narmada, cow protection, Gauchar Satyagraha continues to demand development. He told that this Satyagraha is being done by Narmada Gau Satyagraha Janajagaran Jan Andolan Samiti Madhya Pradesh. In which many organizations of the state are joining.
These are the main demands
- According to the order of the High Court, a restricted area of 300 meters on both sides of the Narmada should be declared and protected immediately.
Solid policy and legislation should be made by giving mother Narmada status as a living entity
- Illegal construction, encroachment, storage, mining should be banned in the green area.
Construction encroachment mining in Amarkantak pilgrimage area should be completely banned.
- Effective concrete action plan should be implemented for shutting down the dirty rains and toxic waste materials found in Narmada water.
- Gauchar land of the urban bodies reserved for the destitute Gau dynasty should be protected and illegal encroachments should be freed from construction occupation.
- The villages and villages along the banks of Narmada Path should be declared as biodiversity zones and the entire cow policy, cow sanctuary should be made.