Parents at Bhuvanagiri school: “We don’t trust the inquiry panel” due to food poisoning

The parents of the fifteen middle school pupils who became sick at the Social Welfare Boys’ Residential School and Intermediate College in Bhuvanagiri, allegedly from eating tainted food, have expressed their lack of trust in the investigation committee that has been tasked with looking into the situation. They worry that the pupils won’t get justice and that the facts won’t be revealed.

 

The parents, who wished to remain anonymous, said that on April 13, the day of the event, neither the warden nor the principal were at the school. They said that the principal does not often visit the school; instead, she travels back and forth from Hyderabad. Even when he does show up, he seldom stays more than two or three hours. The parents said, “He would claim that he went to the social welfare society’s office for school work if we question him about his absence.

They held the management’s inadequate oversight and the principal’s absence responsible for the occurrence. Although there is a hostel on the campus, the students claim that the principal never checks on it or the quality of the food served.

An investigation into the current event at the institution is underway, N Rajani, the residential school society’s regional coordinator for Yadadri-Bhuvanagiri, said TNIE. Investigations are also ongoing on the principal’s allegations.

39 of the hostel’s restrooms were judged to be in excellent condition after a vigilance committee inspection; however, others needed repairs, which are already being done, the speaker said. Additionally, steps are being made to get rid of the overgrowth. The contractor has also been instructed to add six employees to the current four in the hostel kitchen.~

A lavatory at Bhuvanagiri’s Social Welfare Boys’ Residential School and Intermediate College

Parents claim that unresolved prior issues

Rajani said that second-year lessons are being arranged in accordance with the preferences of Intermediate students, but he expressed worries about students utilizing public areas as latrines.

It has come to light that parents had previously protested to the authorities about the school principal’s perceived failure to carry out his responsibilities, which left issues unattended, particularly at the dormitory. The parents voiced their worry that the pupils are suffering as a result of the management’s careless behavior. The high school pupils had complained about the school’s mathematics instructor not showing up for class for at least a year, around two months ago.

Parents said that two officials who are presently on the investigation committee had just looked into the teacher’s absence on the surface and hadn’t looked further into the situation. They further said that neither the problem nor any action against the math instructor were addressed after the investigation.

Students urinate outside

It has been revealed that since the campus restrooms are not kept up, students are compelled to urinate outside. A few students said that after bringing up this matter with the dormitory warden and administration, nothing was done about it.

Four chefs for a student body of 640

According to sources, a private contractor has been given the go-ahead to prepare meals for the school’s 640 pupils, 90% of them are from the SC/ST community and the other 10% are from the BC group.

The contractor is responsible for purchasing food and veggies, while the government only provides rice. Some students claimed that the contractor is buying inferior foods and supplying low-quality meals as a result of inadequate control. The cookery area should have at least eight employees, but the school only employs four, in accordance with government standards. Parents claim that as a result, students are now consuming inadequately prepared meals.

Ask parents whether the rules only apply to pvt colleges.

Additionally, it is said that the college is offering summer courses to first-year Intermediate students as well as second-year students who are eager to take the EAMCET and NEET tests. It has been claimed that this is against the rules set out by the State Board of Intermediate Education, which explicitly stated that courses cannot be conducted during the summer break and that institutions who do so would face severe consequences. The parents are now wondering whether government rules also apply to government residential institutions, or if they are limited to private universities.