Eating cooked carrots can increase your allergies, and may harm your health

Eating cooked carrots can increase your allergies, and may harm your health

Carrots are full of benefits for your health. It gives essential nutrients to your body to maintain your overall health from your skin. But what if in the meantime you are told that carrots can trigger an allergic reaction? You may not believe it, but a recent study found that not only raw carrots but also cooked carrots are capable of triggering an allergic reaction. Let us know about it in detail.

- What does the research say? This recent study was done by a research team from the University of Bayreuth. Researchers in this study believe that carrot's allergen, Dau c1, possesses a structure that is harmless to allergy sufferers when heated excessively. However, as the temperature drops, it largely regains its natural structure. If seen, red carrot or black carrot is beneficial for your health in many ways.

According to a study present in the journal 'Molecular Nutrition and Food Research' by researchers, people who are sensitive to carrot allergen should generally avoid eating carrots. Heating carrots destroys the protein structure and can trigger an allergic reaction.

According to the study's first author and Ph.D. student Thesa Jacob M.Sc, the risk of patients developing an allergic reaction not only stems from eating freshly cooked carrots or canned carrots, but also from adding carrot extract to food. could.

- Study Results The tests to reach the study results clearly showed that the structural stability of carrot allergen does not depend on temperature alone. In this, the acidity or acidity expressed by the pH value is also important. The pH value in particular is 3, which usually predominates in the stomach after a meal.

At this level of acidity and at normal room temperature, at least some epitopes may be present despite previous heating. Epitopes are the molecular satellites by which the immune system of allergy sufferers responds to related allergies.

Thus this research suggests that if you are sensitive to a carrot allergen, you should generally avoid eating carrots. If you think that eating cooked carrots will not cause an allergic reaction, then you are wrong.

(with language input)